Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riots in Haiti

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Riots in Haiti

    Appears the Haitians are upset over gas prices. I recommend that they exchange Bill and Hillary Clinton for the 120 Americans held in the embassy. Oh wait, can’t do that, the Clinton Foundation pocketed the money meant to rebuild Haiti’s infrastructure after the earthquake. Send the Obama’s they are both very good at twisting the facts......

    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/07...-escalate.html
    US Army 1953-1977

    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

  • #2
    That country earns its reputation as one of the worst in the history of the world. Nothing will save that country.

    Comment


    • #3
      We should back out of these dumps that will not help themselves. After they have decided they are through killing each other then and only then will we supply them with tools to raise crops and build homes.
      The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

      Comment


      • #4
        i all ways wander what happen to all of that money now i know

        Comment


        • #5
          It's a real s#$thole for sure. I went there back in the early 2000's along with a group of veterinarians to help out with the animals after some storm that had hit, can't remember which one it was but they had been hit pretty hard. They took me along for muscle and to help as needed. We flew into the Dominican Republic and had a crash course on what to expect and how to act, etc. Crossing over from Dominica to Haiti was like going back in time 200 years. Dominica had done a fairly good job with the cleanup by the time we arrived and were near completion, Haitians had not done anything at all and seemed to be just sitting around waiting on someone else to clean it up for them.

          The land looked the same, the people looked the same but it was just shocking how two countries had developed so differently on the same tiny island. Of course, its all Americas fault that they just can't get it together if you ask them. Even though we were there to help, and had been invited by them, we were treated with contempt by everyone. Not so in Dominica, everyone was really nice. We were supposed to stay for two weeks but wound up leaving after only four days after some of the ladies with us had some scares from the locals.

          "If guns cause crime, all mine are defective." ~ Ted Nugent

          Comment


          • #6
            The problem is they have migrated to the US by the 10’s of millions and Florida got the majority of them. Most are unemployed and most have been on some type of government assistance since their arrival in SE Florida.
            US Army 1953-1977

            ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
            — Abraham Lincoln

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Just Dave View Post
              It's a real s#$thole for sure. I went there back in the early 2000's along with a group of veterinarians to help out with the animals after some storm that had hit, can't remember which one it was but they had been hit pretty hard. They took me along for muscle and to help as needed. We flew into the Dominican Republic and had a crash course on what to expect and how to act, etc. Crossing over from Dominica to Haiti was like going back in time 200 years. Dominica had done a fairly good job with the cleanup by the time we arrived and were near completion, Haitians had not done anything at all and seemed to be just sitting around waiting on someone else to clean it up for them.

              The land looked the same, the people looked the same but it was just shocking how two countries had developed so differently on the same tiny island. Of course, its all Americas fault that they just can't get it together if you ask them. Even though we were there to help, and had been invited by them, we were treated with contempt by everyone. Not so in Dominica, everyone was really nice. We were supposed to stay for two weeks but wound up leaving after only four days after some of the ladies with us had some scares from the locals.
              Just a slight correction. Dominica is another island in the Carib (been there via a cruise ship) and is a nice place. Haiti was ruled by the French for so long, and like most of Africa, when the Euro rulers gave them independence, dictators took over. The former Euro rulers never really prepared any of these for folks for independence and the result you get is seen in these spots today.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BigDinFl View Post

                Just a slight correction. Dominica is another island in the Carib (been there via a cruise ship) and is a nice place. Haiti was ruled by the French for so long, and like most of Africa, when the Euro rulers gave them independence, dictators took over. The former Euro rulers never really prepared any of these for folks for independence and the result you get is seen in these spots today.
                Dominican Republic and Haiti are two halves of the same island. I was using Dominca for short instead of Dominican Republic which I used in full in the third sentence.

                https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ha...7!4d-72.285215
                Last edited by Just Dave; 07-13-2018, 09:52 AM.

                "If guns cause crime, all mine are defective." ~ Ted Nugent

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hmmm. complaining about a hike in the price of fuel, but looks like they are wasting it on starting fires (from the color of the smoke).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Just Dave View Post

                    Dominican Republic and Haiti are two halves of the same island. I was using Dominca for short instead of Dominican Republic which I used in full in the third sentence.

                    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ha...7!4d-72.285215
                    Correct, they share the same island. A more accurate short version would simply be "the DR"; Casa De Campo in the DR is a great resort that caters to a lot of the world's rich folks. Yet on the other side of the mountain, tyranny and anarchy work hand in hand destroying a country.

                    Comment

                    There are currently 74 users online. 0 members and 74 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

                    Working...
                    X