Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's How Orlando Is Using Amazon's Facial Recognition Technology

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's How Orlando Is Using Amazon's Facial Recognition Technology

Zee government is practicing vatching you! Of kourse, it is schpelled "Rekognition"!
    New documents obtained by BuzzFeed News reveal the most detailed picture yet of how the Orlando Police Department is using Amazon Rekognition, the tech giant’s facial recognition technology.

The European Union commissioners have announced that an agreement has been reached to adopt English as the preferred language for European communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility. As part of the negotiations, the British government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five year phased plan for what will be known as EuroEnglish (Euro for short).
    In the first year, "s" will be used instead of the soft "c". Sertainly, sivil servants will reseive this news with joy.
    Also, the hard "c" will be replaced with "k". Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter.
    There will be growing public enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replased by "f". This will make words like "fotograf" 20 persent shorter.
    In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent "e"s in the language is disgrasful, and they would go.
    By the fourth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" by "z" and "w" by "v".
    During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou", and similar changes vud, of kors, be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.
    Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German lik zey vunted in ze forst plas.

Comment

“If police are only looking for violent criminals ... a reasonable officer is going to act with force. What if the system got it wrong?”
      What if, indeed......

Comment

"What if the system got it wrong"
        Two wrongs don't make a right! Comply with the officers requests! They are already on edge so don't do anything to push them over the edge. I was at an ATM one night and someone pushed the panic button before I stepped up to the ATM. While I was standing there police officers came up from both side with firearms drawn. When I saw the one approaching from the right I almost reached for my firearm but I noticed the uniform first and he identified himself as a police officer. Both officers had their firearms at a low ready. The first officer I saw asked some questions. I told him I had my CCW and I was carrying IWB on my right side. When he asked for ID I told him my wallet was in my left rear pocket and I asked if I should get it. He said yes so at tat time I slowly reach for my wallet and gave him my DL and CCW. At that point they told me someone had pushed the panic button and asked my some more questions. I told him there was a woman at the ATM when I pulled up and she got in her car and pulled away before I ever got out of my car. By this time both officers had holstered their weapons. They told me thank you and I told them to have a good night. So be polite, respectful and comply with the officers requests.
        Sense, Courtesy, Decency-
        What ever happened to common?
        ----------------------------------

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Comment

Lesson to be learned - DON'T go to the ATM at night

Comment

There are currently 181 users online. 0 members and 181 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 11:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
          X