Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

Made to feel UNwelcome at Florida Shooter's Network

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made to feel UNwelcome at Florida Shooter's Network

Got registered and looked at the posting rules, then as I was looking through the buy/sell/trade area I noticed someone selling a Glock 21 was advertising it as a "generation 1". Knowing it was a gen 2, I posted saying it was a Gen 2 (trying to be helpful).

Next thing I know, I get an email from a moderator saying m account is suspended for a week for posting in the buy sell area when I wasn't a member for over 30 days. I understand the rules that you can't post something TO BUY OR SELL OR TRADE for the first 30 days, but apparently their rules say "no posts in the buy/sell/trade area for 30 days", not "no posting items to buy/sell/trade for 30 days". Since I posted in that area, I am suspended. I would think the idea is to keep people from signing up and posting a bunch of stuff for sale/trade, not a helpful post. Technically I guess I was in the wrong, but wow, I feel like I have been arrrested at gunpoint for jaywalking...

Is anyone else here a member of FL SHooters network? Is this par for the course, or ???

Same thing happened to me over there when I first joined. Made a comment, not an offer or anything like that, just a comment, and I was harshly reprimanded. Not a good way to welcome new members.
    "A wise man, intending to speak, first carefully considers what he is to say, and to whom he is to say it; also where and at what time. There is therefore such a thing as due measure in keeping silence and also in speaking; there is also such a thing as a due measure in what we do. It is a glorious thing to maintain the right standard of duty." - Saint Ambrose, Bishop of Milan (340-397)

Proud to be a member of the NRA

Comment

Yup, same thing to me but it is the forum's script (automated BOT) that does it.

Comment

They do seem to be a bit harsh over there on their rules interpretation/enforcement. That said, they do police the Buy/Sale/Trade forum pretty well and there isn't much problem with thread crapping. I wouldn't take it too personal Beaker. However, I do agree that suspension on a first offense, instead of a warning, would tend to discourage people from wanting to participate in the forums there.
        "I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious."
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

You got Moe'd.

I dislike that forum for that very reason.
          T.A.N.S.T.A.A.F.L.

"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Jeff Cooper

Comment

I committed a mortal sin and posted something for sale just short of the 30 day period on there. I couldn't tell you when I joined any forum and it was an honest mistake. I was immediately suspended for 30 days. On day 31 I received an e-mail that I had been reinstated.....I told him where he could place his reinstatement.....I've never been back and never will.

They could have simply taken my post off, sent me a warning and I would have learned my lesson....but I never felt welcome there. Another moderator sent me messages within minutes of my signing up alleging I was someone else who had been on there before and that he would be "watching" me. I had no idea what he was talking about.

I won't ever go back.
            Bob

"Until reinforcements arrive, can we learn the ways of church mice"
            - Al Swearengen, "Deadwood"

Comment

I like the forum.

Comment

I have no patience for "Forum Nazis" or sites that allow their moderators to behave that way. There are enough well run forums that no forum is worth putting up with that. It's a free market, so to speak.

John
                I will not lay down.
                I WILL, however, assume a prone firing position if necessary!

Comment

Originally posted by Unter44 View Post
                  I like the forum.
                  Which one?
                  NRA MEMBER

Comment

I like it here better anyway.

Comment

I could go on about FSN, but I don't have to. Their actions speak for themselves.
                      God Bless America!

Comment

Just makes you feel "special" that should be a plus, but to pull your permit...just plain nasty...LOL
                        Last edited by FrankT; 02-13-2011, 11:10 PM.
                        Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets
                        In Dog Years, I am Dead!

Comment

Originally posted by GSPKurt View Post
                          I could go on about FSN, but I don't have to. Their actions speak for themselves.
                          I seem to remember some crazy moderator on the old forum running amok, thrashing his ban hammer around wildly, with cries of "BEGONE WITH YOU!!" etc...

Wonder what ever happened to that loose cannon...?

T.A.N.S.T.A.A.F.L.

"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Jeff Cooper

Comment

Who...ME?!?
                            God Bless America!

Comment

This is my favorite forum. I can't understand gun forums that supposedly support freedom and yet are highly restrictive and run by nazis.

Comment

There are currently 67 users online. 1 members and 66 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                              X