Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about the Diamondback Firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufactoring here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!Visit AdeQ Firearms! Visit Target Sports USA!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

which nickels, pennies, dimes, quarters to keep..

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which nickels, pennies, dimes, quarters to keep..

...saturday january 09. 2010..

Lynnette
    Rare U.S. Coins: Which Nickels, Pennies, Dimes & Quarters To Keep

http://coins.thefuntimesguide.com/20...e_coins_us.php

What's That Coin Worth?
    Just to pick a few of the rare coins that I, personally, have come across... here are some coins you'll want to hold onto:

Wheat penny.

* Wheat Pennies (...worth 2 to 5 times their face value)
    * Steel Pennies (...supposedly very common; all are from 1943 and they stick to a magnet; worth up to a dime)
    * Rare Indian Head Penny.1943 Copper Penny (...guess they primarily made steel pennies this year, making the standard copper penny rare for the year 1943; how does $20,000 sound?!)
    * Indian Head Penny (...who knew a penny could be worth up to 3 dollars?!)
    * Buffalo Nickel (...they're worth up to a dollar)

Buffalo Nickel - front. Buffalo Nickel - back.

What's Not Worth A Thing...

* Pennies with the Lincoln Memorial (1959-present)
    * Your everyday Jefferson Nickel (1938-present)
    * Roosevelt Dimes (1965-present)
    * Washington Quarters -- even the bicentennial one (1965-present)
    * Susan B. Anthony Dollars (1979-1999) ...yes, my dad would be crushed!

Susan B. Anthony coin.

The Value Of My Coin Collection
    Our spare change jar -- an old Seyfert's Pretzels glass jar.A glance inside our spare change jar -- a bunch of pennies, a few buttons, and a couple golf tees. I don't golf, and Jim hasn't golfed in YEARS... yet all my life, there's always been a golf tee that finds its way into my spare change jar! Turns out, my 1974 dirty silver nickel is worth a whopping... 5 cents.

But I still felt the urge to rummage through all those old coins I've been saving through the years! I mean, what are the odds that I could be sitting on something of value?

how-much-are-coins-in-a-jar-worth.jpg Fun, fun, fun!...

You can use this online tool from CoinStar to find out how much your jar of coins is worth! (Or try these.)

Okay, after a quick search here, this is what I found... It's not much, but the maximum value of my coin collection at this point looks to be around 3 dollars and 10 cents. That's from:

* (2) 1964 silver Roosevelt Jefferson nickels (5x face value = $.25 ea)
    * (2) 1959 silver Roosevelt Jefferson nickels (5x face value = $.25 ea)
    * (1) 1943 mercury dime (10x face value = $1.00 ea)
    * (22) 1939-1958 wheat pennies (5x face value = $.05 ea)

-silver composition in 1964 and contained a 40% silver composition from 1965 through 1970. If any of those half dollars are from these dates, they already are worth more than face value.

.................................................. .................................................. ....................

yeap.....and that's the way it is..........

marsmet47

..shalom/tschüss..
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. benjamin franklin 1759

Guess I need to start looking at my pocket change a little closer...

XF
    NRA Life Member

The heck with 911, I use 1911 !!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
    Working...
    X