Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rifle/Pistol Spring Selection Match to Help Determine World Cup Athletes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rifle/Pistol Spring Selection Match to Help Determine World Cup Athletes

USA -(Ammoland.com)- Nearly 40 athletes have assembled at the U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit in Fort Benning, Georgia, for USA Shooting’s Rifle & Pistol Spring Selection Match with two destinations in mind.

A top-two performance at the Home of Champions could possibly earn each athlete a trip to Munich, Germany or Gabala, Azerbaijan to compete in the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cups.

Six Olympians are on hand ready to compete in the Selection Match that begins Monday with the start of Air Rifle and Air Pistol.

In pistol, that includes six-time Olympian Emil Milev (Temple Terrace, Florida), three-time Olympian Keith Sanderson (Colorado Springs, Colorado) and 2016 Olympian Will Brown (Twin Falls, Idaho). In Rifle, that includes two-time Olympian Michael McPhail (Darlington, Wisconsin), 2016 Olympian Lucas Kozeniesky (Fairfax, Virginia). Current Air Pistol National Champion and 2012 Pistol Olympian Nick Mowrer (Butte, Montana) is competing as a rifle athlete.

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/04/rif...-cup-athletes/

AT THE END OF MAY, FT. BENNING WILL HOST ABBY AND THE SHOTGUNNERS FOR THEIR SPRING SELECTION MATCHES
    Why do I carry? Somebody else will pick the day I need my gun, not me.

How is she shooting with the Perazzi? Does she have a chance to make the team this year?
    Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

I hope Abby gets a chance at making the team.. You Go Girl!!!! .
      The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

She has raised her average 1.32 birds since she got it.She is going to Ft. Benning the 19th to participate in an Invitation only match. Coach Graves (USA Shooting head shotgun coach) was down to look at her and Ryne Barfield a few days after she got the gun. She shot 96/100. She has a really good shot at a team this year. They (ISSF/USA Shooting) have changed the rules (again) and the competition will be close. The Spring Selection Match has been shortened from a 125 target match to 75 targets. ISSF has changed the World Cup Matches to 75 targets for females.

With only 75 targets, she will need a 70+ score to make the medals round
        Why do I carry? Somebody else will pick the day I need my gun, not me.

Comment

There are currently 116 users online. 0 members and 116 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
        X