Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kayak fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak fishing

Any kayak fisherman out there? I've grown to love it in the last few months.
    "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry

I don't really fish from the Kayak anymore but we do go Kayaking from time to time. My boat sat for two years without moving after i bought my first kayak. Fished a lot when I first got into it.

"If guns cause crime, all mine are defective." ~ Ted Nugent

Comment

My wife and I have been kayak fishing for about 10 years in the Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon.......we love it!!!! fortunately or unfortunately, we bought a flats boat a few years ago and that gets most of our attention anymore.

However, kayaks got us places boats never could and we snuck up on schools of fish numbering in the 100's and floated right over them (reds/black drum) what a sight!!

Enjoy your kayak!!!
      Bob

"Until reinforcements arrive, can we learn the ways of church mice"
      - Al Swearengen, "Deadwood"

Comment

I love fishing form a kayak too.Get you into all sorts of great places. The only reason I prefer a boat in the flats, is to get some elevation to see into the water. It is really hard to see into the water when your sitting in a kayak.

Comment

I can move my seat to a high position & stand in my Jackson Cruise12 if it's calm. I've seen guys do it in some chop but my balance isn't there yet. It definitely takes lots of practice.
          "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry

Comment

kayaks is a lot of work i have two boats the small one one needs 4'' of water to move freely is has a 40 hp mer and a 40 lb trolling motor I thank when you get old you also get lazy

Comment

Originally posted by rzach View Post
              kayaks is a lot of work i have two boats the small one one needs 4'' of water to move freely is has a 40 hp mer and a 40 lb trolling motor I thank when you get old you also get lazy

I'm with you rzach, loved my kayaks but getting older and lazier!!!!! Plus, if them fish aren't biting in one spot you can head for another at ease!!!
              Bob

"Until reinforcements arrive, can we learn the ways of church mice"
              - Al Swearengen, "Deadwood"

Comment

Kayak fisherman here, for 10 yrs. Lots of fun, we'd go down the Peace and Hillsboro rivers when we lived down there( up here in the Panhandle, it's the Yellow and Blackwater rivers and Escambia Bay). Go kayak camping, too. That's lots of fun, too.

One thing, they cost ALOT less to upkeep than a boat. They say that there's 2 best days in a boat owner's life: they day he buys a boat and the day he sells it....lol
                Freedom comes from those who fought for it

USMC IDPA-SO NRA member GoA Life member

Comment

There are currently 99 users online. 1 members and 98 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                X