Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice. Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules: 1) Only post a small summary of the article. 2) Include a link to the original content with summary. Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned. These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized reposts and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

Looking for a gunsmith to Modify a Les Baer concept 8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a gunsmith to Modify a Les Baer concept 8

I'm looking for an experienced gunsmith in Northeast Florida to modify a Les Baer concept 8 to a Commander. The pistol will not slingshot and was not designed to do so and this modification I am told solves that issue. I'm also having FTF and FTE issues. I am also told again that this modification will solve those issues along with the ability to use most 8 round magazines. It currently will only accept a Wilson or a Les Baer

Maybe rzach or .257 Roberts can share some Jax-area knowledge. You might want to check with Gunsmiths Inc. and see if they can make the needed modifications. They're on the grounds of the Jax Skeet and Trap range, and do really outstanding work.

G.T. Ward
    Gunsmiths Inc.
    12125 New Berlin Rd.
    Jacksonville, FL 32226
    904-410-2206
    Go, Trump, Go!

Comment

Thanks much Kurt. will check them out

Comment

I would call Les Baer and talk with them, if that doesn't work try Alchemy Guns. ..they done some amazing work on my series 70 Colt Government and Lou used to work for Les Baer

Comment

Les Baer does not agree with modifying his guns and he will not modify them. Alchemy is evidently not taking any new business as they were sold recently. Thanks though for the suggestions

Comment

I'm sending them to Bunker arms. Thanks everyone for their help

Comment

let us know how it works out..... I have a Hi-Power that I'm thinking of getting some work done to.

Comment

Will do. In my discussion on phone he knew all about the issues and indicated he has worked on and resolved many of them. He elaborated on the causes and remedy. I felt very comfortable sending it to him. Report in 4 to 6 weeks.

Comment

There are currently 90 users online. 1 members and 89 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                X