Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bullet Pullers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet Pullers.

P1030220.JPG Made a mistake loading some 9mm and didn't get enough powder in them to suit me. Anyways I had about 200rds to break down and redo. (sigh!) I looked at that Kinetic Hammer and said noway. Off to Midway I go. I found this RCBS Bullet puller for a press. It was about $22.00 W/O the Collet and the Collet is about $10.00. The collets are caliber specific and they don't recommend using with lead bullets. What I like is it is all steel and does a fine job. No plastic, or aluminium. Easy to setup and lay off the muscle as it's not needed. Need more Info just give me a shout.

P1030221.JPG
    P1030213.JPG
    Attached Files
    The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Personally, I think the hammer is not only faster, but the bullets come out better to reuse....................... JMO, YMMV

And I have used that darn hammer a lot in the beginning! It helps to pound it on a SOLID wood workbench or a hardwood 4x4 piece, letting it play in your hand so the kinetic energy can do its thing. Works really well on any tapered crimp like 9, 40 and 45; a little tougher on roll crimped like 38 and 357

Comment

On these 9mm's I just pulled you just use a very light pressure when you squeeze the Collet on the bullet and there is no marks at all. I messed up two before I got it right. After that it was a breeze. I can do six or eight in the time it takes to do one or two with the hammer. I'll still use my hammer for a few or test loads but if I mess up a bunch out comes the RCBS puller and I'll let the press do the work.

Comment

I'll have to look into one for my press. Hate using the hammer, especially when there's more than just a couple to pull.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed308 View Post
          I'll have to look into one for my press. Hate using the hammer, especially when there's more than just a couple to pull.

I have a Dillon 650XL and a head is about $30 bucks. Looks like about $60 plus dollars to set one up with a dedicated head and one caliber. I can do .38's/.357mags and 9mm with the collet I have. This is why a chronograph is a very valuable tool when working loads.

Here's a list of the different size collets:

P1030223.JPG

Another shot of it.
          P1030214.JPG

Comment

There are currently 97 users online. 0 members and 97 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
          X