Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Winchester 572 Powder- The Firearm Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Winchester 572 Powder- The Firearm Blog

Hodgdon Powder Company announced the release of Winchester 572: a new powder for the loading public. The new 572 began showing up on retailer websites recently, and the company made a formal announcement last week about it. While a lot of details are not yet available on 572, the company states the new loading powder Read More
    Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Notice they only claim it for shotgun use.
    Wish they had brought W571/HS7 back.

Comment

Originally posted by noylj View Post
      Notice they only claim it for shotgun use.
      Wish they had brought W571/HS7 back.

Well, it does say on the label "Also fits a wide range of handgun calibers."
      Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

In fine print?
        Just saying, it doesn't seem to fit a niche that was needed. It is like Unique, BE-86, and Power Pistol all very very close in burn rate and performance. I prefer PP for 9x19, but any one of them would be perfectly acceptable. However, I wonder why they would make three powders that meet the SAME need? Are we going to lose two of them?
        What worries me is, like 452AA (that was GREAT in MY .45s and was the most accurate powder I had found) was discontinued and the "replacement" they recommended was terrible in my .45s.

Comment

But, but, it's Winchester!

Must......... have.

Actually ball powders often lead to migration problems for some shotshell reloaders.
          I've read that Spolar does not recommend them for their reloaders.

Comment

There are currently 116 users online. 1 members and 115 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
          X