Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talked to Keith about the Dillon XL 650 he purchased from me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talked to Keith about the Dillon XL 650 he purchased from me.

Talked to Keith today and asked him if he got a chance to load any ammo with the Dillon. He said he loaded two different sets with different powder charges and wants to try them out at the range before he decides which one he likes. I'm glad he is enjoying it and is knocking out some ammo. Wild Bill

He also needs to know that several of our members here have extensive experience with the 650 and can also help him if you are unavailable or stumped.
    Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

Good to know Thanks

Comment

When I was just a young reloader 6 years ago, Kurt and Charlie were a big help to me. And that's starting from scratch since I had never reloaded before buying my 650.

Comment

Reloading is a natural extension of your shooting hobby. Just go slow and relax and you'll do fine. If you have a problem just post it up and I am sure one of us will have the right answer. Kurt, Ed, and myself have used that same press for many years.
          The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

Kinda odd that I started out with a 650. I've always done things a little differently than most. My 650 now loads .223/5.56, 6.8, .40 and .45 ACP. It's so smooth with pistol loads. A couple years ago I added a single stage press to my desk to load a wildcat. So that single stage press loads .308, 30.06, 270AR and some 6.8 hunting rounds. And to think I knew absolutely nothing about reloading a just a few short years ago.

Comment

I started on a used SDB Dillon. I done .45's, & .38's for about a year and a half and then I moved up to the 650XL. It paid for it's self in about 2yrs. I was loading for the whole family and 4 of us was shooting competition. I have dies for most all popular pistol calibers. I loaded .223's for a short while but sold the rifle and dies in a pinch.

Comment

I did not know there was a post about me! Yes, I ladder-loaded up some 45 ACP for both plated and jacketed bullets. Found a good plinking load for the plated bullets (low recoil with proper slide function and good groups) and now pumped out ~500 rounds to play with in other pistols. I have now switched over to 40 S&W and hope to ladder-load for some 180 JHP's. Once I get a good load on that, I'll probably pump out another ~500 of those. When I get more confident with everything, I will load in bulk. Right now I'm still learning and setting up the tool heads for each cartridge and choosing the bullet type/weight. I don't want to over produce until I know exactly what I am doing. I have pistols in subcompact to full length, so I want to make sure all the rounds work well with different barrel lengths. If necessary, I can tailor rounds to the individual pistols if need be. I also shoot suppressed, but don't plan on loading anything intended for a Can until I am super confident in my loads. I am really looking forward to bulk producing some .223 and 300 BLK plinking rifle rounds! I never though I'd load for 9mm, but I just ordered some projectiles today; along with some in .380 Auto. Lets see how accurate I can make my little G42 and G43......

Thanks again, Bill!

Comment

That's the fun of it Keith. Making your rounds the way you want them. Nothing like hitting that sweet spot on a load for your favorite pistol. Good luck and keep loading.

Comment

Originally posted by keith13b View Post
                    I did not know there was a post about me! Yes, I ladder-loaded up some 45 ACP for both plated and jacketed bullets. Found a good plinking load for the plated bullets (low recoil with proper slide function and good groups) and now pumped out ~500 rounds to play with in other pistols. I have now switched over to 40 S&W and hope to ladder-load for some 180 JHP's. Once I get a good load on that, I'll probably pump out another ~500 of those. When I get more confident with everything, I will load in bulk. Right now I'm still learning and setting up the tool heads for each cartridge and choosing the bullet type/weight. I don't want to over produce until I know exactly what I am doing. I have pistols in subcompact to full length, so I want to make sure all the rounds work well with different barrel lengths. If necessary, I can tailor rounds to the individual pistols if need be. I also shoot suppressed, but don't plan on loading anything intended for a Can until I am super confident in my loads. I am really looking forward to bulk producing some .223 and 300 BLK plinking rifle rounds! I never though I'd load for 9mm, but I just ordered some projectiles today; along with some in .380 Auto. Lets see how accurate I can make my little G42 and G43......

Thanks again, Bill!
                    Keith,
                    Welcome to the addiction!

(Posted in Dillon blue, of course!)
                    Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

All I can say is that as much as I appreciate my RCBS Rock Chucker, the Dillon makes working with pistol rounds sooo easy. This is my first time loading pistol ammunition. It finally feels good to not have to wait until a great sale comes around and buy thousands of rounds at a time to make it an amazing deal. Watching the scare(s) of the previous administration and horrible tragedies which caused hoarders to buy everything up, it is nice to simply stock up on brass, powder and primers, and not have to worry about running out of SD or target ammunition. Making it as needed is nice, and creates a relaxing hobby. I don't feel guilty running to the range more often. Regretfully, I still struggle to find the time to do that, though.

Comment

There are currently 123 users online. 1 members and 122 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                      X