Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30-06 Reload data question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30-06 Reload data question

So I have a box of the 150gr FMJBT Hornady and 2 types of powder for now. I have the H414 and the RL17. From what I found so far is that the H414 the load using NOS BT:
    :
    Hodgdon H414
    .308"
    C.O.L: 3.250"

Starting: 54.0
    Vel: 2,753
    40,500 CUP

Max: 60.0
    Vel: 2,992
    48,600 CUP

I have check Hornady 10th and Speer but came up empty unless I missed it. For RL17 the closest I got was:
    Case: Federal C.O.L.: 3.25 Primer: Fed 210 Powder: Reloder 17 GR: 58 VEL: 3,006

I will be using CCI200 and the the 2 mentioned powders for now. Case is Remington and Win. Anyone have any data different? If so what book or where did you get the data?

This is just for paper as I have some NP 165gr bullets that I will be loading for some hogs and have data for that.

Hodgdon.com lists the same data. I'd check my Lee book, but I'm not in my shop.

Do you have any Varget? It's my go-to powder.
    Last edited by GSPKurt; 08-22-2017, 05:10 PM.
    Go, Trump, Go!

Comment

Not at the current time. I have read a lot of people use it but also have different results, some like it some hate it.

Comment

I have not had any bad results from Varget yet. I use it in .223, .243, 30/30, .308, .270, 30/06...
        Go, Trump, Go!

Comment

So I loaded some 30-06 rounds with both the R17 and h414. Both shot sweet after zeroing the rifle. the H414 did a bit better job but had a little more smoke that the r17. I loaded the H414 at 54gr and the r17 at 52. I also shot some Win game loads in the silver box SP and it did not perform well as grouping was awful at almost 1"-2" off from each other. The handloads were overlapping each other and you could put a quarter on 5 shots with them at 100yards. Both me and my son could not believe it so i did it again and again. we must have shot 100 rounds easy between the both of us before we had to believe it.

Very happy with those loads and going to try a bit higher load next week when i go back. Also I made a friend at the range that works there and can get all the brass I want to pick up free!

Anyone have a trick to picking brass? i don't really want to spend $60 on the garden weasel but that looks like it is either that or pick it all up by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by keller34 View Post
            Anyone have a trick to picking brass? i don't really want to spend $60 on the garden weasel but that looks like it is either that or pick it all up by hand.
            It all depends on how bad your back is. Brass is cheap enough that I get it from a guy that cleans, inspects and re-sizes it for me.

Go, Trump, Go!

Comment

There are currently 91 users online. 0 members and 91 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
            X