Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mec 600 Jr. question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mec 600 Jr. question.

Anyone have a 600 Jr. with a primer feeder, that could post a photo of the feeder.
    i bought a used press that didn't have one and would like to see what it looks like.

YouTube is your friend...
    President Trump IS My President!

Comment

• Vette
      Vette commented
      Editing a comment
      I looked last night, but didn't find a close up to see how it mounts.
      Someone on FB, posted a pic. Thanks for the reply.

Is it the new one or the old one? I have the old one (lamp chain version) and the small drop opening on the feeder fits right into the drop tube

Comment

The press is pre 1982. From what I understand the same prime feed system that works with the Sizemaster will work, but I will need to enlarge the hole for the reprime punch bolt from 1/4" to 1/2" to allow the prime feed.

Comment

???? You've lost me...do you mean the depriming punch? Station 1 does nothing but deprime the hull; station 2 is where the primer drops from the tray and you reprime the hull; then you move to the middle station 3 where you drop powder, insert wad, drop shot; station 4 starts the precrimp, and that at station 5 when you're applying the final crimp and curl over, the chain activates the primer feed so a new one will be in place for the next hull, so I am not understanding what you mean.......

Comment

• Vette
          Vette commented
          Editing a comment
          Right now it has a primer punch (stage 2) but when I get the primer feed that I ordered, I'll have to drill the hole alittle bigger to allow for the drop tube being bigger.

I guess I am not awake today.....I own 2 MEC 600s, the depriming punch is station 1; the hull is reprimed at station 2 - there is no punch there. When you buy the correct kit, you will be replacing whatever part is there with a new hollow drop tube and the primer tray fits into; no drilling required. Make sure you buy the proper kit

Basically, something like this:
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/MEC-E-Z-PRI...UAAOSwf~JaifP9

I have this same kit on both 600's and they work flawlessly. The new 200 capacity does well on Grabbers and 9000s
        Last edited by BigDinFl; 02-20-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Right from MEC:

Yes, the 600 JR models require the primer feed kit #285CA* (* indicates gauge #).

This is available through many of our dealers such as www.gamaliel.com
          Ron
          CUSTOMER SERVICE
          800 Horicon Street, Suite 1
          Mayville, WI 53050
          T - 920.387.4500
          F - 920.387.5802
          T - 800.797.4632 Customer Service
          www.mecshootingsports.com
          Employee Owned

Comment

My mec 600 jr. only came with the punch bolt (that seats the primer) in station 2. That existing hole that holds it in place is 1/4" in dia. I will have to drill the the turret frame assembly to accept the 1/2" dia. of the primer drop tube.
            Last edited by Vette; 02-20-2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

You have the OLD MEC 600, I'd call them and see if they have a kit properly sized.

Comment

There are currently 109 users online. 3 members and 106 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
              X