Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Portable loading.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable loading.

I bought a RCBS Rock Chucker kit about 6 years ago & it has been in the box collecting dust in the garage. My work bench has no room & I really didn't want to reload in my hot garage. I got serious about looking for a portable option a few months ago. I ran across a portable bench called THEC4M3ON which is the absolute worst name in the industry in my opinion. It looked absolutely perfect for me. Only one problem...sold out. I emailed them, no reply. I contacted them through all of their social media platforms, no reply. I call them & left a voicemail, no reply. I searched the web for anyone selling one & only yielded an add where they are trying to sell the company. That was a real bummer. So everyday for the last few months I checked their website to see if anything was finally in stock. Last Monday morning I went to do my daily check & it no longer said out of stock!!! It was like Christmas in April. It shipped the same day & arrived last Thursday, I bought some river rocks to use as a ballast on Saturday & I was ready to reload(somewhat) that day. I have never reloaded so I only have some of what I need to actually produce live ammo. I did however de-prime about 1000 9mm cases & a few hundred 300 BLK cases. It went much easier that I imagined. My son was very eager to help also which was a wonderful feeling to get him involved. I started ordering more dies & items to start actually loading. Hopefully I will be in full swing in a few week. If you have limited space or want to reload at the kitchen table, this thing is awesome. Good luck getting a reply from them though.
    "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry

You can also clamp it to the table. Nice looking set-up, how much was it?
    President Trump IS My President!

Comment

It was $158 with shipping. A little pricey but my wife will never complain about it being clamped to her table & I can set it up anywhere.
      "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry

Comment

There's one problem with loading at the kitchen table. When the spent primers don't cooperate they tend to bounce all over the wood floor & they hide very well. That's when the wife starts giving me the business. I knew there had to be a better way to keep a handle on the little suckers so I did a little web search. I found a guy on ebay that 3D prints a prime catcher & a deflector to keep a handle on them. He sends it with three feet of tubing so you can direct them into a vessel of your choosing. It works fantastic, is very well made, fits perfect & I find it to be well worth the $25 he charges. He makes a left & right side output. His seller name is caltick if anyone is in the market.

Comment

You could also just use an aluminum steam table tray or cookie sheet with rubber shelf matting to keep things from sliding and bouncing.

Comment

There are currently 135 users online. 0 members and 135 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
          X