Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Esee Izula

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esee Izula

I was "forced" to get a new carry knife because my CRKT Minimalist would not fit on my new Wright Leather Works 1/4" thick belt. I wanted to stick with a small fixed blade horizontal at the 10 o' clock position. It is comfortable for me & I've been doing it for years. I decided on the Esee Izula. The size was pretty close & the clip plate looked like it would work with my belt. The small clip plate attaches with Chicago screws for vertical carry. I had to turn the clip plate sideways & only utilize three of the four screws. It seems very secure but I will still be adding a little Loctite just to be safe. Before I do I might remove the spring clip & add a Ulticlip XL to aid in removal. I purchased the additional G10 grip scales to make it a little more user friendly. It feels good in the hand so far but I am adding a small para-cord lanyard to make it feel more like my Minimalist. I really like the look of the OD powder coat & it does fit on this monster belt...barely. I'm ready to get this bad girl into the fight so there better not be any sandwiches or avocados giving me the stink eye anytime soon or they're gonna get cut! I will attach some pictures below of the old & new. I will report back if I add the Ulticlip XL & after carrying it for a week or two.
    Out of the box With G10 scales. With clip plate
    Last edited by tekoken; 01-16-2018, 01:27 PM. Reason: I no spell so good.
    "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry

I have it's Kabar brother, and am very pleased with it.
    President Trump IS My President!

Comment

Good looking blades for sure. I am like you as I quit trusting Chicago screws a long time ago.. A drop of blue or purple Loctite does the job for all gun and knife uses.
      The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

I have the same one GSPKurt has. Great style of knife for sure.

"If guns cause crime, all mine are defective." ~ Ted Nugent

Comment

This outfit is showing a big sale on this knife along with free shipping. Wish I had a few extra bucks as I like it a lot.

https://www.bladehq.com/cat--ESEE-Izula--880

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
            This outfit is showing a big sale on this knife along with free shipping. Wish I had a few extra bucks as I like it a lot.

https://www.bladehq.com/cat--ESEE-Izula--880
            It was $51 for the OD from Amazon with free shipping. I added the G10 scales for $15 & they make a world of difference. I really miss the para-cord lanyard that the CRKT has but will remedy that by the end of the week. They clip plate is not intended for horizontal carry but is working pretty good so far. It sticks up above the sheath a little but I think the Ulticlip XL will of set that by making it ride lower. I'm still debating whether or not the mod is worth the time. I really like this knife so far.
            "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry

Comment

Looks like my para-cord will be delayed in shipping so I won't have a lanyard until next week. Probably global warming. The wife made an Amazon order yesterday so I had her throw a Ulticlip XL on there. It should eliminate the Esee clip plate all together(fingers crossed) for horizontal carry.

Comment

Thanks for the info... Ken..

Comment

I got my para-cord & Ulticlip XL which replaced the clip plate all together. I tried the Ulticlip in several positions but once I settled on one there was quite a bit of clip sticking out on the bottom. I chopped it off, sanded it & refinishing it & now Im happy. I added a small lanyard & some Loctite to the Chicago screws. This is my first experience with the Ulticlip. This thing is no joke when it snaps closed & is pretty stiff to open. This setup should be my EDC kinife for a while. I put the Izula to work on some of my father in laws over cooked steak tonight & it passed the test easily.

Comment

Thanks be to my Brother I always wanted (Kurt) I am now the owner of a BK-KA-Bar. Looks the same as Dave's. I am going to play around with the paracord a little and see what I come up with. I also may try a belt clip like Ken has. Knifes and guns just go together.. Anything I come up will be posted.

Comment

So after wearing this set up for a few days I came to the realization that the Ulticlip is great but not comfortable at all while driving or sitting at my desk during business hours. If this was an IWB set up I have no dobt it would be great though. So....I changed it up again. I am much more comfortable sitting with it now & it is level with my belt. I used some para-cord & the existing holes in the sheath to basically make belt loops. As long as the para-cord holds up this will be my final modification I promise.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tekoken View Post
                        So after wearing this set up for a few days I came to the realization that the Ulticlip is great but not comfortable at all while driving or sitting at my desk during business hours. If this was an IWB set up I have no doubt it would be great though. So....I changed it up again. I am much more comfortable sitting with it now & it is level with my belt. I used some para-cord & the existing holes in the sheath to basically make belt loops. As long as the para-cord holds up this will be my final modification I promise.
                        Very ingenious.
                        President Trump IS My President!

Comment

After playing around a little with the hanging on the neck, it's just not feeling right for me. I am going to copy Mr Tekoken and try the paracord route and a belt loop.

Comment

• GSPKurt
                            GSPKurt commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yeah, it's too big for a neck knife.

It's very comfortable & so far has been secure. I put a flame on the knot for a second or two to keep it from coming loose.

Comment

There are currently 80 users online. 0 members and 80 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                          X