Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paracord and Knives..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paracord and Knives..

Well I finally settled on the wrap for my knife. I have tied it many different ways and the most simple wrap still works the best for me. Here's a few pictures. It's a very simple wrap as you can see. I did not close the finger hole or put a lanyard lead on it. Both ends are tucked and super glued so they stay in place. Took me a while to get the blade sharp on this knife as they are a hard metal. Most were like the one on the right. Just to bulky. Now I am playing with sheath and how I want to wear it. Around the neck is not for me. Somewhere on my belt is probably where will be.

This is the simple tuck that I like the best..

This wrap makes the handle too thick-

3C61C3C1D47F410E83EC9934436D484A.jpg

0F99EA47FCDA48EC8A39D542634E2451.jpg
    Last edited by GSPKurt; 03-10-2018, 10:32 AM.
    The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

OK, I fixed it. That looks good, Baldy and Just Dave. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by GSPKurt; 03-10-2018, 10:34 AM.
    Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

Here is a picture of a paracord wrap I did on mine so we will at least have a pic on this thread.

"If guns cause crime, all mine are defective." ~ Ted Nugent

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
        Well I finally settled on the wrap for my knife. I have tied it many different ways and the most simple wrap still works the best for me. Here's a few pictures. It's a very simple wrap as you can see. I did not close the finger hole or put a lanyard lead on it. Both ends are tucked and super glued so they stay in place. Took me a while to get the blade sharp on this knife as they are a hard metal. Most were like the one on the right. Just to bulky. Now I am playing with sheath and how I want to wear it. Around the neck is not for me. Somewhere on my belt is probably where will be.

This is the simple tuck that I like the best..

This wrap makes the handle too thick-

3C61C3C1D47F410E83EC9934436D484A.jpg

0F99EA47FCDA48EC8A39D542634E2451.jpg
        Working above and in water for so many years, items without a lanyard seem to find thier way into Davy Jones Locker and it's usually when you need them most as is Murphy's Law. What would it take for me to convince you that a lanyard should be reconsidered?

Comment

Yes sir I agree with you 100%. This knife is used for defense only as I keep it hidden but accessible. Now when cleaning fish down at the dock I want a Lanyard on my knife. I have lost several bait knifes in deep water over the years. I know I am hard headed. I learned my lesson..LOL!

Comment

IMG_20200310_203350.jpgIMG_20180107_153602.jpg You are not alone. (LOL) I've even got an Orange Handled Ranger Bush Series (which now has a lanyard) because even it took awhile to find on the forest floor. Many years ago while hunting in Maine, I stumbled across the landowners double bit (that had gone missing for a couple of years) in a stump in an overgrown clear cut.
            PS: for the most part, paracord is used on my tools for wrist lanyards or tethers to base equipment. Tools & pets seem to stick around longer on leashes. LOL.
            Last edited by M118LR; 04-08-2020, 02:34 PM. Reason: PS

Comment

That last sentence is the truth. I have lost more than one good knife from laying it down and forgetting about it.

Comment

There are currently 161 users online. 1 members and 160 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 11:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
              X