Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review-Combat Carbine Course with Green Line Tactical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review-Combat Carbine Course with Green Line Tactical

On Saturday & Sunday, Feb. 4/5 2017, I took a 2-day Combat Carbine course from Don Edwards and Sam Houston at Green Line Tactical. The course was held at Asymmetric Solutions' training facility in Perry FL.

Saturday started out quite chilly and windy. We began reviewing and practicing basic skills, first being prone shooting. I have never really done this, so it was very beneficial for me.

Prone.jpg

We verified our zero, and no one was shooting magnified optics. Most were shooting red dots and a couple were shooting open sights. I was using the very first AR-15 I ever built, my Palmetto State Armory carbine with AimPoint Patrol Rifle Optic (PRO).

We then moved on to close target engagement and learned how to compensate for our sight's height over bore and ran some skill development drills to use these skills.

DSC_0003.JPG

We learned and practiced more skills such as shooting while moving and transitioning from rifle to handgun.

There were a variety of students in attendance including police officers, private security contractors, SWAT operators and an old fat guy who runs a gun forum.

Don and Sam are patient and accommodating teachers who are very skilled and capable of sharing that knowledge in a relaxed and fun manner. No one is screaming in your ear or berating an incorrect shooting style.

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG
    Proud Supporter Of President Trump

The second day started very foggy and chilly. However, the sun came out rather quickly and the fog burned off and the day became quite pleasant.

DSC_0101.JPG

We started off with a recap of the first day's activities and began by shooting prone from 100 yards for score. It was eye-opening to know I could consistently hit a standard target at that distance with only my red dot. I would never have thought I could do that!

We also learned to use barricades to effectively in different situations for cover/concealment.

DSC_0119.JPG

This is called the "Brokeback" position...

We then practiced and ran different drills to increase proficiency using barricades...

Comment

Yes, we even had a lady shooter in attendance!
      DSC_0193.JPG

And the old fat guy (above)!

Comment

I learned one thing I didn't know previously, and that is a single point bungee sling is worthless. I won't use that again.
        I also learned that you're never too old to learn how to defend your life and family.
        Facilities

The facility at Asymmetric Solutions is absolutely FIRST CLASS!

DSC_0097.JPGDSC_0096.JPG

They have a 2,000 yard and 100 yard rifle range, two pistol ranges, all with concrete block side walls and poured concrete backstops and full berms for safety, plus various shoot houses, towers and cell block (prison) facilities for training simulation. Also, they offer a VERY nice bunkhouse for students with showers, pool table, 40+ bunks and supplied bedding and towels. The place is extremely clean and well maintained. They even have wi-fi!

Our host was Benjamin "Ginger" Honey (314.552.1634 or BenH@asusa1.com) and he was out here every day checking to make sure we did not have any problems.
        I cannot overstate how awesome the facility was and the level of attention to detail that was given by our host!

In closing, it was a very successful weekend with Green Line Tactical and Asymmetrical Solutions, and I look forward to attending more training courses there.
        Last edited by GSPKurt; 02-10-2017, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Good write up.
          The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

good write-up...thanks

Comment

There are currently 239 users online. 1 members and 238 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 11:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
            X