Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice. Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules: 1) Only post a small summary of the article. 2) Include a link to the original content with summary. Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned. These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized reposts and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

Women only handgun training?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women only handgun training?

I am looking for a good handgun training class for my wife in the Tampa Bay area. She has taken the concealed carry class but still does not carry a pistol. She can shoot & has shot many types of firearms. I would like to find something that is exclusively for women. Maybe something that will allow her to draw & do reload so she can become more comfortable carrying a loaded pistol.
    "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry

Contact Shoot Straight and inquire, they may offer what you're looking for.
    Go, Trump, Go!

Comment

Thanks. Family firearms in Seffner seems to offer one. I can't find any reviews though.
      "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry

Comment

I believe SS has a women's only shooting group.
        Go, Trump, Go!

Comment

Tampa bay sporting clays, runs handguns classes through Equip2Conceal; perhaps they offer what you seek or know of a place.

Comment

Your wife wants a woman only group.
            Women learn differently than men

AFS
            There something charming about the sound of bullets-----George Washington

Comment

Originally posted by AirForceShooter View Post

AFS
              Yeah, they listen when being trained to use a firearm unlike most of us men that think we know better. I took a girl friend to the range for the first time to shoot. She listened to everything I said and did it and will probably be shooting better than me in no time. Now if I would only do what I was training her to do I would be a much better shot too. I like taking women to the range and if they out shoot me I think it is great! Sometimes it justakese wish I could shoot like a girl.
              Sense, Courtesy, Decency-
              What ever happened to common?
              ----------------------------------

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Comment

Originally posted by AirForceShooter View Post

AFS
                Yes. Women feel more comfortable with other women. Men tend to think they know everything.

Comment

• GSPKurt
                  GSPKurt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, we do...right?!?

• BigDinFl
                  BigDinFl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We like to THINK we do; BUT "Happy Wife, Happy Life"!

So it goes. I have a little time to research because we're expecting our 2nd child. I worry like crazy when she's out without me.

Comment

As you should.
                  Go, Trump, Go!

Comment

There are currently 79 users online. 1 members and 78 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                  X