Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice. Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules: 1) Only post a small summary of the article. 2) Include a link to the original content with summary. Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned. These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized reposts and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

From Jersey to Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Jersey to Florida

Hello everyone

I'm a Army Vet , so I was around firearms for a while but on the civilian side
    only 2 years. Recently moved to Florida about 3 months ago from jersey where
    the gun laws are ridiculously strict. Back in Jersey I learned a lot of the NJ gunforums
    so I figured what better place to learn new things about Floridas firearm community
    then a community forum. Got my concealed carry within a week of moving here
    because Florida actually gives some preference to vets unlike some states.

Currently in the process of moving to Mount Dora, still looking into what might be good ranges
    or clubs to attend in that area but all in all I'm simply loving Florida everyday when it comes to
    firearms lol.

WELCOME from Jacksonville i have done a lot of fishing and hunting down your way, one fishing trip i found this place to shoot. the last time i shot there was about 3 years ago there but is was nice then.

http://www.eustisgunclub.com/

Comment

Welcome from a fellow NJ expat.

Comment

Welcome to Florida. Over the years I have had to go to NJ a lot because of work. I went to one gun range close to where I work wanting to rent something to shoot at thier range and they wouldn't even let me handle anything. Not too long ago I finally found a range not to far away that would let me rent and it is a nice range. My Florida CCW helped. With it I didn't have to have someone else with me. I don't know anything about ranges near Mount Dora but you might want to check out The Titusville Rifle And Pistol Club. It is about an hour and fifteen minutes from Mount Dora. The second Sunday of every month they have a Steel Match. You may even run into some members of the forum there. If you don't know anything about The Steel Challenge you may want to check out the following links.

FGF Post
        Steel Match Titusville Rifle and Pistol Club every 2nd Sunday of the month
        http://www.flaguns.com/forum/general...y-of-the-month

Titusville Rifle and Pistol Club
        http://titusvillegun.org/code/Home.aspx

Steel Challenge Shooting Association
        http://steelchallenge.com/
        Sense, Courtesy, Decency-
        What ever happened to common?
        ----------------------------------

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! That steel match at Titusville is a hoot, I've shot it once and loved it. I'm up near Gainesville, so I don't get there too much.
          Go, Trump, Go!

Comment

Welcome from north central FL!

I'm simply loving Florida everyday when it comes to
            firearms lol.
            I noticed you didn't mention your love for our summer weather though!......;

Comment

Originally posted by BigDinFl View Post
              Welcome from north central FL!

I noticed you didn't mention your love for our summer weather though!......;
              Have you ever been to NJ in the summer? I have to go a lot because of work. They don't have summer weather to brag about. It can be worse there than in Florida.
              Sense, Courtesy, Decency-
              What ever happened to common?
              ----------------------------------

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Comment

I grew up in NYC during the summer.............doesn't even come close to here.............and I'm too far from the beach to get a breeze!

Comment

Welcome to the Forum. Seminole County Gun and Archery Association wouldn't be to bad of drive from Mt. Dora for a gun range. I use to be a member there before moving to Texas. Nice range with some great people. It's private which is another nice feature. I think the cost was around $100/year after the initiation year and the fees.

Comment

I would think the Eustis Gun Club would be the closest.................

Comment

One thing for sure Florida is hot , like always hot ... boiling hot.
                      Ive been in all types of weather but i mostly love being away from
                      overpopulated cities. Which currently in apopka is great and in a
                      couple of weeks ill be at the edge of mount dora which is nice.

Ive looked into the Eustis Gun Club which seems like the closest to
                      where i will be sadly as some of you know moving into a new apartment
                      and relocating is expensive so i might have to wait a month or so.

The most shocking to thing to me though about this amazing state is how overly
                      friendly and sincere people are here. Those of you who have been to NY or NJ
                      know what i mean and its very refreshing and i honestly would never go back.

Comment

Wait until you start driving around exploring all the nice 2-lane country roads and have folks wave at you..... most northerners from big cities don't get that at ALL!

Comment

There are currently 121 users online. 3 members and 118 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                        X