Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello I am Tony "Olcoot"

I am a strong supporter of the 2nd admendment, love to shoot and belie ve that each person has a duty and responsibly to be prepared to protect themselves and their family. I am a recent transplant to Florida in 2017. I am a native of Eastern Tennessee but move away for work in 1977. I have lived in Shreveport, La, Longview, Tx, Laredo, Tx and Lake Orion,MI before retiring in South Central Florida. I had a serious illness in 2015 where I spent 105 consective days in the hospital. This illness was cause without and advance warning or symptoms by a blood pressure medication that I had been taking for over 20 years. I am very forunate to have surrived by the grace of God. I was forced to take early retirment by my disabilities. I will never be 100% again but have now recoved to a level that allows me to be mobile with needing a walker, cane or wheelchair, all which was required when discharged from the hospital. I hope to become an active contributing member.
    Olcoot

Army National Guard Veteran 1972-78
    "Defend freedom because it isn't free"
    Check out my photography website
    www.photographicendeavors.com

Welcome to the forum from the Gainesville area, sir. Which medication caused your reaction?
    President Trump IS My President!

Comment

welcome from Jacksonville everybody got to keep a eye on them DR. they off more people then thugs

Comment

Originally posted by GSPKurt View Post
        Welcome to the forum from the Gainesville area, sir. Which medication caused your reaction?
        The medication was Hydralazine! The final diagnosis was ANCA Vasculitis. I am still being treated every 6 months with a dose of Rituxan a chemotheapary that is most commonly used to treat non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. It is used in my case to suppress my immune system keeping it from making the two different antibodies that attacked my major organs. ANCA Vasculitis is a family of diseases. Mine is very rare with not much research and not any long term studies on it. In fact I am a long term survivor at just over 3 years and a the leading edge of the research. I currently do not show any of the bad antobodies in my system. The scary part is that I presented no symptions of any type before being stricken with the disease. I worked a normal day on Friday, I had a dry cough that was getting a little worst over the weekend but nothing that would indicate what was to follow. I got up on Monday morning and was going to go to my PC doctor then on to work. I took a shower and when I got ouit to dry off I was not able to get my breath. My wife rushed me to the nearest Hospital and I was in bad shape by the time we arrive about a 15 minutes drive. It was downhill from there and by 1:00 PM they had called for the helicopter to take me am larger hospital where I stayed for 105 continuous days.
        Olcoot

Comment

Welcome from North Tampa Bay area. We have a lot in common, I grew up in Western N.C., Franklin to be specific. I have also had over a 3 month stay in the hospital, mine was from a motorcycle accident that led to an rare infection that drug it out. They used me as a teaching prop as I was the first case that had been seen in the Tampa area. I also got that helicopter ride. Glad to hear that your treatment seems to be working and hoping it will remain in remission for you.

"If guns cause crime, all mine are defective." ~ Ted Nugent

Comment

• Olcoot
            Olcoot commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank You!

Welcome from the right coast by the Space Center.. Enjoy !! !!
          The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

Thanks Baldy,
            I have always been a space fan and want to sera rocket launch.? One of the things on my bucket list.
            Olcoot

Comment

There are currently 96 users online. 0 members and 96 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
            X