Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excessive Notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive Notifications

I seem to get a high number of notifications. I had 79 just now. I click on the notifications and most of them are about topics I never posted on? I have went into Notifications and turned everything off. Is there something that can be reset with my account that is causing this? It takes me several attempts of selecting ALL notifications and deleting them before I am back to zero again. In the old forum format, I only got notifications on likes to my posts and private messages...now I seem to get a slew of ones that I was not even involved in? Any thoughts? Thanks!
    Gun owners must unite in 2016 to defeat the Democratic agenda. ALL Gun Owners get out the vote!

I believe I fixed it. Your notifications were set to weekly email. I changed it to no notifications.
    Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

• Mountain Man
      Mountain Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I will see how it goes now.

• Mountain Man
      Mountain Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, I am back up to 58 notifications on numerous topics I don't see how or why I would have been notified. Nothing seems to stem the flow of them? Does anyone else get this? It is lousy because I use to rely on my notifications for private email alerts but all this other stuff seems mixed in to Notifications? Maybe you can try something else or there is some sort of bug in the software?

• GSPKurt
      GSPKurt commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried setting you to Daily Notification.

I'm getting them as well. Not sure why either. Some are for a threads that I've never read before. Right now I have 2. Once is is for your Hornady Bullet Puller thread. If I'm not mistaken, that's a new thread.

I have my notifications set to notify for "Likes" only. So not sure why I'm getting notification for new threads.

Update: must be a bug. That is a new thread with only MM writing in the Hornady Bullet Puller thread. Maybe I'm getting notified every time MM gives us his knowledge on the FGF? Nah..., can't be that, or I would be getting even more notifications!
    Last edited by Ed308; 07-28-2014, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• Mountain Man
      Mountain Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Ed, just like Johnny Depp, I have "transcended" into the computers of FGF and am the know all and be all as I grow in power and crush mortal humans!

I don't get the notifications but am still plagued with e-mails every time anyone post anything at all.

"If guns cause crime, all mine are defective." ~ Ted Nugent

Comment

• GSPKurt
      GSPKurt commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried setting you to Daily. Hope you get just one per day. LMK.

I think my problem was 644 subscriptions. Unsubscribed to all 644. Will see if that fixes my problem.

Update: seems to have worked.
    Last edited by Ed308; 07-30-2014, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed308 View Post
      I think my problem was 644 subscriptions. Unsubscribed to all 644. Will see if that fixes my problem.
      Don't remember how many I had (it was in the hundreds) but that's what I did. Worked for me too.

Comment

Yes. It fixed my problem. Hope this helps someone else that is having the same problem.

Comment

There are currently 345 users online. 1 members and 344 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 11:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
        X