Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needing an attorney after defending a home invasion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing an attorney after defending a home invasion

Hi all,
    New guy here, and first time gun owner. I picked up a 18" 12g shotgun for home security a while back, and I am researching all I can find on the subject. I've read the Florida laws on use of deadly and non-deadly force in defending a home invasion, but I'm a little foggy on what to expect after the fact.

Let's say I wake up at 4am and find someone either breaking into or already in my home. Let's say I shoot this person, and he is either dead or incapacitated. First, I call 911 and report a shooting, and as I understand it, should say very little other than ID myself. I wait for the PD to arrive, and comply with whatever orders they give. They take my weapon for evidence. They start to ask me what happened, and as I have been told by on-line lawyers, I invoke my right to an attorney. I then expect to be taken the the PD for processing.

What happens then? I do not have a defense attorney, because I have never needed one. How do I choose one at this point, detained in probably a questioning room very early in the morning? Should I talk to a defense attorney before I need one, so I can at least have a card in my wallet? I don't know, because I have never been in any kind of trouble before. Or am I overthinking this?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Here's the very first thing you should do. https://www.floridafirearmslaw.com/. Go to this web site and buy this book by Jon H. Gutmacher P.A. This gentleman has the answers for you. You can contact him at cutlaw@gmail.com.
    The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

Join this organization- I am a member.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/off...754798a44aafd2
      Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

There are currently 133 users online. 0 members and 133 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
      X